Thank you to the following members and Conservation Officers for their donations since our summer convention.
- Leon and Denise Windschitl - $100 Cash Donation
- Gabby Hayes - $50.00 Cash Donation
- Deb Offerdahl - 3 Muskrats, 1 Beaver
Bert Highland - 1 Grey Fox
Bill Ruhland - 1 Coyote, 1 Skunk
Mike Pickert - 2 Red Fox
Jon Salmonson & Bill Adler - 4 Opossum, 1 Skunk, 1 Deer Hide
Ron Brockamp - 4 Muskrats
Joe Jewitt - 5 Raccoon, 1 Skunk, 1 Grey Fox
Rick Bork - 1 Ermine, 1 Red Squirrel
Tom & Brian Boser - 4 Opossum, 1 Skunk, 1 Raccoon
The Caven Family - 5 Silver Fox, 5 Grey Fox, 5 Coyote, 5 Beaver, 5 Raccoon
Mark & Heidi Melby - 2 Red Fox, 2 Mink, 2 Muskrats
- Officer Gene Winn - 1 Fisher
- Officer Greg Oldakoski - 7 Fisher
- Officer Jeff Halverson - 2 Bobcat
- Officer Tricia Plautz - 2 Otter, 1 Fisher
- Officer Troy Richards - 6 Fisher
- Officer Shane Osborne - 1 Otter
- Officer Brent Grundmeier - 3 Otter
- Officer Kipp Duncan -1 Pine Marten
- Officer Matt Miller - 1 Fisher
- Officer Scott Staples - 2 Pine Marten, 5 Beaver, 1 Red Fox, 1 Raccoon, 2 Fisher, 4 Otter, 3 Muskrats, 1 Mink, 1 Grey Fox
Our donations are off about 90% from the 17 year average since I took this position. It is going to be rough trying to keep the traveling sets flowing to the good educators that we have been working with in schools over the years. Our displays at county fairs and sports shows are also going to look thin this year. I'm hoping we can revitalize the Tanned Fur Project in 2014.
Cash donations such as those from Leon, Denise, and Gabby really helped us fill some gaps in our traveling school sets this fall. Cash donations are always an option instead of a pelt donation.
Thank you to all the listed Conservation Officers for keeping us flush with otter and fisher. It was nice to get some pine marten donated this year to add to our education sets. A special thanks to Officer Scott Staples as he has always been there for the MTA.
Good luck on your spring beaver lines (yes spring will come someday). Throw a flat tail the Tanned Fur Projects direction if you are able.
Tanned Fur Project Coordinator
7444 County Road 27 NW
Pennock, MN 56279
Telephone: (320) 599-4176
Fax: (320) 599-4314