Director - Buzz Neprud
Greetings District 4
I am writing this in the first part of February and a couple of the early auctions are over. Most of the goods offered were carryover from last season but some fresh goods were offered. Prices were off by approximately ½ on the items that did sell. Hopefully the March auctions will have higher clearances. Even if prices don’t advance, that would be a win.
Our winter convention and Legal Defense Banquet were both huge successes. Speaking of which, next year’s convention and banquet will be on January 9th, 2016. Bobcat and otter will not be able to be registered that day as the season will be closed January 3rd and have to be tagged by the 5th. You will still be able to sell or ship as usual.
The summer convention will be in Bemidji August 14-16. This year is an election year and the President and Vice-President will be elected. Something new added this year is a kids’ only demo area and Brian Fischer will be in charge.
As long as we are in convention mode, the NTA convention is in Hamburg, New York on July 30-August 1 and the FTA convention is in Lagrange, Indiana June 25-27th.
1. WIA enrolled lands will be treated as public lands for trapping regulations.
2. Tanned fur project is greatly in need of muskrats.
3. The Minnesota Trappers survey is on the DNR website, you should really take a look.
4. If you have an event coming up and are in need of body gripper kits, give me or Tom a call and we will get them to you.
5. It was asked at our fall district meeting about the possibility of moving the North South line from Hwy 200 to Hwy 210. It was determined that the legislature did this many years ago and that’s the most likely route we would have to go again.
6. As of this date, there are no new restrictions being proposed, keep your fingers crossed.
7. We will have our spring meeting Saturday, April 4th at the Page Township Hall north of Milaca, same place as last year. Doors will open at 9:00 with the meeting at 10:00. If anything were to change, it will be on MTA website. Well, I believe I have babbled enough!
Till next time