· Rollie Aho – Trapper of the Year for a lifetime of helping trappers
· Butch Herzberg – Volunteer of the Year is well deserved for a man that will never say “No” when asked to help with everything and anything.
· TJ Johnson – The Who’s Who Award was well deserved as he always finds a solution to any issue.
· Jacob Miller – Junior Trapper of Year This young man has a great future ahead of him! He already is one heck of a salesman selling over 3,500 Raffle Tickets.
· Tricia Plautz – Topped the Conservation Officers in turning in furs. If you get a chance, please take a moment to thank her and all of the Conservations Officers that donate to our organization.
On to a more serious note, this is an election year and keep in mind the candidates that value our way of life. I am sure some of the same old legislation will be brought forward again. Be ready for action and get registered on an alert list and keep a watch on MN Trappers Association website for updates and alerts.
With the low fur prices let’s take this opportunity to restock the tan fur project shelves.
Just a reminder to try and schedule a trapping class or field day. Let’s make sure that any youngster has a chance to participate in the upcoming season.
Our Fall Meeting will be held at the Henning Community Center on September 30th at 7:00PM. Hope to see all of you there.