Director - Dewey Schmitz
Our Spring Meeting was held in Audubon on March 20th. It was well attended, and good discussions took place on many topics. I want to thank Mary Ryhti and Josh Campbell and his family for help in setting up our meeting and for the delicious treats served. We also had a very successful raffle, many thanks to those who donated. District 3 voted in favor of the Nonresident Trapping Proposal.
A special thanks goes out to the following:
1. All members and C/Os who have donated to the Tanned Fur Project.
2. Gary Leistico for all of his time and effort that he has spent at the capital. His support truly benefits all trappers.
3. Tom Hoffman for re-donating the Door Prize he received at our Spring Meeting.
This year’s Summer Annual Convention will be held in Bemidji on August 14-16th. Our District will have the following duties:
· Front Gate on Friday from 7:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.
· MTA Booth on Saturday from 11:00 a.m. –2:00p.m.
Try to find an hour or so to help out. The more hands the lighter the load for everyone. We will also have a short District 3 Meeting at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday morning, the location will be announced at the MTA booth.
This is an election year so be sure to take a moment to vote. You will be able to vote either by mail in ballot, or at the convention. Instructions for voting are elsewhere in this letter.
Trapping is constantly under attack by antis, we as trappers and as an organization need to stick together. While it is good to have different ideas and ways to accomplish things, it is more important to remember that we all stand for the same ideals. We should all promote the MTA and sign up new members at every chance.
Our enemies are always looking for ways to divide and conquer.
Hope to see you all at the convention.